What About Us?
Indie Albany is a collaborative site for non-commercial bloggers, originally based in (but not now bound by) the geographical confines of New York’s Capital Region. Here’s our manifesto:
- We embrace variety, representing a wide range of opinion, belief and experience.
- We commit to treating each other and our readers with respect, and expect the same in return.
- Our writers retain all rights to their words and images, forever.
- The material here is unique to Indie Albany and its sister site, Indie Moines, though some of our writers also write other things elsewhere.
- We commit to writing regularly, so it’s worth readers’ while to visit often.
- We are not primarily a political site, though we recognize that politics are personal, and sometimes the act of writing from the heart may be viewed through political lenses by others.
- We are a moderated site committed to providing quality content offered at a Safe for Work level; offensive material (including reader comments) can and will be removed when necessary.
- Creative writing, commentary, storytelling, and perceptive, original views and analysis of the world around us are valued more highly than hard news and current events reporting.
- No paid advertising will be displayed here, so that writers’ words do not benefit commercial or political concerns not of their own choosing.